Credits: Bung, Veqryn QA: zlefin, yamamot0 Respect: SGB, Wisconsin, Squiddaddy, Edwin
Note This game uses vanilla rules, also knowns as OOB (out of the box).
Disclaimer The game is not meant to take over your responsibility in knowing the rules. For example, the game engine is not always going to restrict or allow certain attacks. It is your responsibility to know the rules and abide by them. Most of the game notes that follow can be thought of as differences compared to WWIIv3 or WWIIv4 rules but obviously are not a complete manual for the game. Beginners to these games are suggested to ask for help in the lobby or on the forums at http://www.tripleawarclub.org.
Edit Mode When not yet at war, you may ask for permission to move through a canal, and if granted, use Edit Mode to move the units.
Stuff Left TODO
- Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.
* Air units may not land in or move through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured.
* Friendly Neutrals can not be 'captured' with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.
Victory Conditions To win with the following victory conditions, a side must maintain it for a complete round of play and must also control at least one of its own capital cities.
Axis Victory: 8 Victories Cities where at least one is Rome/Berlin. Allied Victory: Both Berlin and Rome are under allied control and allies maintain control of one of their own capitals.
Canals/Straits There are 5 canals/straits in the game with the following set of conditions.
|Canal/Strait Name||Geographical Location||Land Movement Restriction||Control for Ship Movement|
|Panama Canal||Central America is one territory through which ships can move.||None. It requires no movement to cross.||Central America|
|Suez Canal||Connects Trans-Jordan and Egypt. Connects sea zone 81 and 98.||Possible.||Egypt and Trans-Jordan|
|Strait of Gibraltar||Connects sea zone 91 and 92.||Not possible.||Only Gibraltar, except there are no control restrictions on submarines.|
|Danish Straits||Connects sea zone 112 and 113.||Not possible.||Only Denmark.|
|Turkish Straits||Connects sea zones 99 and 100. Turkey is one territory through which ships can move.||None. It requires no movement to cross.||Turkey|
Air units have no restrictions for any strait or canal.
Political Situation At the start of the game Germany and Italy are at war with the UK and France only. Any countries not at war with each other ignore each other's naval units and obviously cannot go into each others ground territories. There are a number of specific politically related rules/conditions for each country:
Germany/Italy*Germany/Italy can declare war on USA or Russia at any time.
- If Germany/Italy is at war with one of USA or Russia it doesn't affect relations with the other.
Russia*Russia cannot go to war against the Axis until the beginning of purchase units phase of Russia 4, unless of course an Axis power attacks it first.
- When Russia is at war, it gets 2 bonus infantry in Novosibirsk during the unit placement phase each turn.
USA*If USA is not at war, it can only have its ships in sea zones 64, 89, 101, 102, 106, 116, 120 and 121
- USA cannot go to war against the Axis until the beginning of PU collect phase of USA 3, unless of course an Axis power attacks it first.
Neutrals There are three types of neutrals:
- pro-Axis: When an Axis unit moves into one of these zones for the first time, that country gets a one-time bonus number of infantry, specified on the map, and control of the territory. The new infantry cannot be moved until the next turn.
- pro-Allies: When an Allied unit moves into one of these zones for the first time, that country gets a one-time bonus number of infantry, specified on the map, and control of the territory. The new infantry cannot be moved until the next turn.
- Regular: If a power attacks a regular neutral, all the other regular neutrals on the board become friendly to the other team.
Note: Capture of friendly neutrals must be done during Combat Movement.
When a country moves into a regular or non-friendly neutral during the combat move, it must conduct combat with the number of infantry specified on the map for that neutral. If it loses or retreats, however many infantry that remain are how many that stay in the zone. This means that if Finland was +4 for Axis, and Russia kills 2 infantry and retreats, then Axis only get 2 infantry when they move into Finland.
National Objectives Germany*5 PUs if Axis powers control all of: Norway, Poland, Holland/Belgium, Denmark, France, Southern France, and Normandy/Bordeaux.
- 5 PUs if Axis powers control either Volgograd or Novgorod.
- 5 PUs if there is at least one German land unit in Egypt, whether or not it is controlled by Italy or Germany.
- 5 PUs if Germany controls both Denmark and Norway and Sweden is not allied-controlled.
Russia*5 PUs if Russia is at war, sz125 has no Axis warships (all sea units except transports), Archangel is Russia-controlled, and there are no allied units in any Russian territories.
- 3 PUs for each originally German territory that Russia controls only if Russia controls its original territories.
UK*5 PUs if there are no German subs.
- 5 PUs one-time for the first UK liberation of one of Holland/Belgium, Normandy/Bordeaux, or Western Germany. (5 only, not 10, not 15.)
Italy*5 PUs if no Allied ships are in the Med: sz99,...,sz92.
- 5 PUs if Africa has no allied units.
- 5 PUs if Axis controll all of: Egypt, Southern France and Greece.
USA*5 PUs one-time for the first USA liberation of one of Holland/Belgium, Normandy/Bordeaux, or Western Germany. (5 only, not 10, not 15.)
- 30 PUs if USA is at war and both EUS and CUS are American-controlled.
French*4 Free Infantry in France the first time France is Liberated.
Kamikaze Attacks Japan starts the game with 6 attack tokens, and if one of the strategic islands [Philippines, Marianas, Okinawa, or Iwo Jima] is captured or recaptured by the Allies, Japan may begin doing Kamikaze Attacks.
These attacks can only be done in sea zones that contain the Kamikaze symbol [the sea zones surrounding: Japan, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Formosa, and the Marianas].
At the end of Japan's enemy's combat-move phase, Japan may target any surface warship in a Kamikaze zone for one or more Kamikaze attacks.
For each attack, a die is rolled, and a 2 or less is considered a hit. Casualties are removed immediately, and do not participate in any battles. Kamikaze attacks prevent bombardment as well.
Submarine Attacks on Unescorted Transports
Any Transport ships that are moving without a surface warship escort, and moving past or into a sea zone containing enemy submarines, is subject to an attack.
Each enemy submarine will fire at 2. Each submarine only fires once, no matter how many transports there are.
Scrambling Fighters and/or Tactical bombers can be scrambled from any island (not incl. UK) with an operating airfield (less than 3 damage) to help defend the surrounding sea zone using their standard defense values. They cannot retreat from scrambling (defenders can never retreat) and if the territory they were scrambled from is captured, they're given one extra movement point to land on a friendly territory or open carrier. Scrambled air cannot participate in any other battles that round.
Strategic Bombing Runs (SBR) Bombing can now happen against both types of ICs, harbours, and airfields (attackers choice). Fighters can participate in the bombing run as escorts. Fighters in the territory being bombed can be launched as interceptors (no airfield necessary).
If interceptors are launched: a one-round air battle takes place right away where bombers dont roll, escorts roll at one and interceptors roll at two. Either attacking bombers or fighters can be taken as casualties.
After the air battle, or if there were no interceptors, the escorts are retreated and any bombers/tacs remaining can now be divied up to attack specific targets. Each target rolls its built-in AA gun against the bombers/tacs targetting it. If there is an AA gun in the territory being bombed it does not roll because its there to defend combat units and not complexes/bases.
Blockade Zones If any enemy ships are in a power's blockade zones at the end of that power's turn, and the power controls the adjacent ground territory, then the power loses 1 PU for each surface warship and 2 PUs for each submarine present. The power in question cannot lose more PUs from a blockade zones then the worth of the adjacent ground territory to those zones.
Placement Restrictions*Major Industrial Complexes can only go in territories worth 3 or more.
- Minor Industrial Complexes can only go in territories worth 2 or more.
- Industrial Complexes can't be built on islands.
- Over-purchase is returned and money is reimbursed.
- Aircraft can be placed on the ground or on a [new] carrier in the adjacent sea zone that has a spot(s) open.
Units These changes to units are things other than price/movement which you can see in the buy menu.
- Carriers are two hit.
- Minor Industrial Complexes have 3 production capacity. A Minor IC can be upgraded to a Major IC for 20 PUs.
- Major Industrial Complexes have 10 production capacity. [Optional Rule: When a Major IC is captured it automatically becomes a minor IC.]
New Units Tactical Bombers: can land on carriers, can bomb, and if paired with a tank or fighter the Tac attacks at 4. Mechanized Infantry: can blitz when paired with a tank, and are supportable by artillery. Carriers: now have 2 hitpoints, and when damaged they do not allow fighters to land, or to leave if cargo.
New Buildings Harbour: Any ships that start their turn in a sea zone adjacent to a harbour get +1 movement points. Any damaged ships are repaired by a harbour at the start of the player's purchase and repair turn phase. Lastly, harbours can be bombed, and if they have 3 or more damage then they do not provide the above bonuses. Airfield: Any air that start their turn on the ground territory with an airfield get +1 movement points. Airfields on islands (not incl. UK) allow planes on that island to scramble (see Scramble section above). Airfields can be bombed, and if they have 3 or more damage then they do not provide the movement bonus.
Credits to Veqryn for almost all related Engine code that allows this map to work.
Preventing Combat-Movement takeover of Friendly Neutrals. You must now wait for Non-Combat Movement phase to take over them.
Allowing Submarines to pass through Straight of Gibraltar no matter who controls it.
Deleting connection between SZ65 and Ecuador
Deleting connection between SZ76 and Kenya
Deleting connection between SZ86 and French Guiana
Deleting connection between SZ88 and Venezuela
Deleting connection between SZ89 and Central USA
Adding Sea Zone 128 and its connections
Deleting connection between SZ110 and Scotland.
Deleting connection between SZ95 and Southern France.
Deleting Morocco from Gibraltar canal.
Released for everyone to download. Almost everything working, and playable.