World War I is an Axis & Allies scenario that attempts to replicate the First World War on the Classic map.
The first great war of the 20th century began on August 4, 1914. It eventually spread into a worldwide conflict which has become a symbol of senseless slaughter above that of other conflicts. Two of the three greatest bloodlettings of history, the battles of the Somme and Verdun, occurred within months of each other at the height of the war. The western portion of the conflict, which took place in Belgium and France, started off as a war of "grand maneuvers" as had been theorized. But as more troops were poured into an increasingly cramped area, there eventually came a time when the antagonists could no longer maneuver against their enemies in any operational sense. When this occurred, the forces involved began entrenching in the face of more and more lethal concentrations of firepower.
- The Central Powers (Axis)
- Germany (German Pieces)
- Ottoman Empire (Japanese Pieces)
- European Alliance
- Bombers of any kind dontt exist. AAA do not exist. Aircraftcarriers do not exist yet. Fighters new stats are move at 2, attacl at 2, and defend at 2, but only costs 7 IPCs
- The armored units, tanks new stats are moveatt 2, attack at 2, and defend at 2 but now cost 5 IPCs. The artillery cost 4 IPC's, have a movement of 1, attack at 2 and defend at 2.
- At the beginning of the third round, The United States enters the war.
At the beginning of the third round Germany attempts to convince Mexico to join the war. Germany roles one die. If a 1 or a 2 is roled then Mexico joins The Central Powers. If Germany roles a 5 or a 6 then Mexico joins The United States. Any other number and Mexico remains neutral. If either a 1,2 or a 5,6 is rolled, then place 2 infantry either German or American, depending on what was roled, in Mexico.
- Only the Axis can attack neutral nations.
- On turn 4 Russia leaves the war. Germany gets Eastern Europe and Ukraine automatically, the Ottomans get Kasakh, and the Axis can no longer attack Russia.
- The victory conditions in this scenario are the same victory conditions that are presented in the orginal Axis and Allies scenario. by Kenan Abu Odeh
- Die cost 3 IPC's a piece
- Poison Gas If a 2 is rolled, you now have poison gas technology. Poison gas is fired from Gas Artillery (AA guns) which cost 5 IPC's. The gas has a range of 2 and may be fired from every Gas Artillery once per turn. The Gas Artillery have a movement of 1. The gas automatically kills 1 infantry.
- Heavy Artillery If a 3 is rolled, you now have Heavy Artillery. Artillery attack at 4 and defend at 2.
- Armored Units-Tanks If a 4 is rolled, you can now build tanks. Tanks cost 5 IPC's and are represented by a tank with a country marker under it. Tanks have a movement of 2 and attack at 3 while defending at 2.
If a 5 or a 6 is rolled please role again until you role between 1-4.
The territories with a " * " next to them are the capitals. The number in parentheses is new IPC value of the territory.
|U.K||E. Canada,||W. Canada||W. Europe||Gibraltar||Algeria||French West Africa||French Equatorial Africa||Egypt||Belgian||Congo|
|S. Africa||French Madagascar||Saudi Arabia||India||E. Europe||Australia||New Zealand||East Indies||Burma|
|Russia *||Kazakh||Yakut||Soviet Far East||Caucasus||Ukraine||Karelia||Envenki||Novosibirsk|
|Germany||Southern Europe||Libya||Italian-East Africa||Caroline Islands||Western Europe|
This scenario first appeared at the Ultimate Axis & Allies Web Site. Mike also created the Russia vs. the World scenario and the WWI scenario. Together with Tim Brennan he created the Vietnam scenario and the Battle of the Bulge scenario.